Discover how to get the most out of Ubuntu for work, home, and play. Learning a new operating system can feel daunting, especially if you're used to Windows or OS X. If you've been afraid to try Ubuntu because you don't know where to start, this book introduces you to a wide selection of software and settings that will make your computer ready to work for you.
You'll see how Ubuntu can make your computing life easy. In addition to a tour of Ubuntu's modern and easy-to-use interface, you'll also learn how Ubuntu's Software Updater keeps all of your software secure and up-to-date. Browsing the Internet becomes faster and safer. Creating documents and sharing with others is built right in. Enjoying your music and movie libraries helps you unwind.
Ubuntu is the world’s third most popular operating system and powers desktop and laptop computers, servers, private and public clouds, and embedded devices. There's never been a better time to install Ubuntu and move to an open source way of life. Completely updated for this exciting second edition, Beginning Ubuntu for Windows and Mac Users will help you start your journey into Free and Open Source Software with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the advantages of Ubuntu and its variants—Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and more
- Install Ubuntu on its own or alongside your computer's existing operating system
- Search Ubuntu's catalog of thousands of applications—all ready to install with a single click
- Work with files and disks that were created with Windows and OS X
- Run simple, interesting tasks and games using the command line
- Customize Ubuntu in powerful ways and get work done with virtual machines
Who This Book Is For
Anyone who wants to move to using an open source operating system.
Um bewerten zu können, melden Sie sich bitte an