This timely volume provides a review of the state-of-the-art frameworks and methodologies for connecting diverse objects and devices according to the vision for an Internet of Things (IoT). A specific focus is placed on the communication, security, and privacy aspects of device connectivity in distributed environments. Insights and case studies are provided by an authoritative selection of contributors of international repute into the latest research advances and practical approaches with respect to the connectivity of heterogeneous smart and sensory devices.Topics and features:
- Examines aspects of device connectivity within the IoT
- Presents a resource-based architecture for IoT, and proposes a resource management framework for corporate device clouds
- Reviews integration approaches for the IoT environment, and discusses performance optimization of intelligent home networks
- Introduces a novel solution for interoperable data management in multi-clouds, and suggests an approach that addresses the debate over network neutrality in the IoT
- Describes issues of data security, privacy, access control, and authentication in the distributed IoT environment
- Reviews the evolution of VANETs in relation to the Internet of Vehicles, and provides a perspective on developing smart sustainable cities
This invaluable text/reference will be of great benefit to a broad audience, from students and researchers interested in the IoT vision, to practicing communication engineers and network security specialists.