In their newest book on retailing, authors Stern and Ander examine the revolutions occurring in the retail marketplace, with particular emphasis on the influential green trend in retailing, or Greentailing. Greentailing is capitalizing on the huge and growing demand for organic, sustainable and wellness-related products. As it evolves, greentailing will force both suppliers and retailers alike in every category to take notice. Leading edge greentailers like Whole Foods and Wal*Mart continue to grow and innovate at rates much faster than traditional competitors, and are forcing competitive responses. The authors explain how any retail store or manufacturer can implement these ideas and raise profits, using case studies from successful greentailers.
In addition to greentailing, the book examines five other top retail trends:
- Demographic Shifts Provide Retail Opportunities
- Moving Up the Ladder—Growth of Experiential Retailing—How to Drive Sales and Profits Beyond Price
- Getting Outside the Box—New Ways to Reach the Consumer—The Growth of Non-Store Retailing
- Selling Services, Not Just products
- Brands Going Retail—The Battle for Control of the Customer
Very much a follow up to their first book, Winning at Retail: Developing a Sustained Model for Retail Success, Greentailing and Other Revolutions in Retail addresses all the latest trends in the retail industry and presents unbeatable advice on quickly responding to changes in customer demographics and competition. Retail is all about the customer, and as customers and their tastes change, this one-of-a-kind resource shows retailers and manufacturers how to keep up and innovate.