Teaches you to start up Nginx and quickly take your expertise to a level where you can comfortably work with various aspects of the web server and make informed design decisions for your web farm. Nginx powers more than 40% of the top 1000 websites and is among the handful of web servers that can handle more than 10K simultaneous connections. It has some features which are simply unparalleled.
Nginx: From Beginner to Pro teaches the Nginx server in a practical way. Frequently, it is found that web administrators struggle to fix the skill set gaps that happen due to a platform change. Migration from IIS & Apache becomes tedious at best. The book is targeted toward real-world administrators who would want to get up to speed as soon as possible and make good, informed design decisions. First you will set up Nginx and understand the architectural nuances. Then you will learn how to scale out, secure, monitor and troubleshoot the web server. Once you are fully comfortable with Nginx, you will start learning about migrating applications (or its part) from IIS or Apache web servers. Finally, you will learn to troubleshoot and maintain your Nginx professionally.
Written by an author who has gone through the rough phase while moving from IIS/Apache to Nginx, this book is practical and filled with step-by-step instructions to make your time with Nginx as straightforward as possible.
What You Will Learn
- Install and set up Nginx on CentOS, Ubuntu & Mac.
- Understand Nginx modules and compiling Nginx with appropriate modules.
- Learn about basic configuration and architecture along with hosting nuances.
- Load balance Nginx and use it as a highly available web platform.
- Monitor traffic and automate common administrative tasks.
- Use scripts to perform routine checks for health issues.
- Implement security and authentication in Nginx.
- Learn how and what to migrate from IIS & Apache web servers.
Who This Book Is For
Provides a crisp background of Nginx and then gears towards technical and practical topics. You need to know HTTP protocol, and have basic knowledge of Linux and networking concepts. The target audience is web administrators who would like to learn the finer nuances of Nginx, or map their existing skillset from IIS or Apache.
Um bewerten zu können, melden Sie sich bitte an