Learn the things you need for a complete game, such as translations and tutorials, and improve the things you've already written to raise their standard to a professional level. This is a practical guide covering every discipline: art, music, writing, and code. In the case of the latter, code examples are included to demonstrate how to implement functionality to make the game shine.
Polished Game Development acts as a comprehensive checklist of everything your game should, and should not, do, in order to be as good as it possibly can. It is more than just a book on theoretical game design principles.
- Explains the difference between a pet project, and a professional one.
- Covers how to test for the problems and bugs you don't know you'll have.
- Details simple, but effective, visual improvements that can be done with very little effort.
What You Will Learn
- Learn what essential elements are often missed
- Stay on-brand, visually and verbally
- Use audio to enhance your game
- Improve game balance
- Test effectively