This book covers the practical considerations and applications in database programming using Java NetBeans IDE, JavaServer Pages, JavaServer Faces, and Java Beans, and comes complete with authentic examples and detailed explanations.
Two data-action methods are developed and presented in this important resource. With Java Persistence API and plug-in Tools, readers are directed step by step through the entire database programming development process and will be able to design and build professional data-action projects with a few lines of code in mere minutes. The second method, runtime object, allows readers to design and build more sophisticated and practical Java database applications.
Advanced and updated Java database programming techniques such as Java Enterprise Edition development kits, Enterprise Java Beans, JavaServer Pages, JavaServer Faces, Java RowSet Object, and Java Updatable ResultSet are also discussed and implemented with numerous example projects.
Ideal for classroom and professional training use, this text also features:
- A detailed introduction to NetBeans Integrated Development Environment
- Java web-based database programming techniques (web applications and web services)
- More than thirty detailed, real-life sample projects analyzed via line-by-line illustrations
- Problems and solutions for each chapter
- A wealth of supplemental material available for download from the book's ftp site, including PowerPoint slides, solution manual, JSP pages, sample image files, and sample databases
- Coverage of two popular database systems: SQL Server 2008 and Oracle
This book provides undergraduate and graduate students as well as database programmers and software engineers with the necessary tools to handle the database programming issues in the Java NetBeans environment.
To obtain instructor materials please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org