Save time and effort by following the recommendations outlined in this book when undertaking professional GUI design and development. From practical tips to design patterns-aware software development and scalable architectures, this essential read is a culmination of many years of real-world experience.
The author reveals:
* The best way to code a complex UI in Java, with plenty of code examples.
* How GUI design and usability techniques can be used effectively with Java.
* Industry best practice for building professional GUIs for projects of any size.
* How to design effective GUIs for Java programs running on devices other than PCs.
* How to chose the best software model for a project; options range from XP to Rational Unified Process, including Test-Driven Development, Cost-Driven design and others.
* Practical tips for every aspect of project management to increase team organization.
* Essential techniques to add professional features to your GUIs: to include undo - redo, memory management and lazy initialization, asynchronous actions and more.
* Extensive coverage of the latest Java UI technologies and libraries.