Learn concepts central to visual special effects using the free Black Magic Design Fusion 8.0 software package. This book also provides foundational background information regarding concepts central to digital image compositing, digital video editing, digital illustration, digital painting, 3D, and digital audio in the first six chapters on new media theory, concepts and terminology. This book builds on the foundational concepts of digital image compositing, digital audio, digital video, digital illustration and digital painting.
VFX Fundamentals introduces more advanced VFX concepts and pipelines as the chapters progress, covering topics such as flow node compositing, timeline animation, animated polyline masking, bluescreen and greenscreen matte pulling (generation), using Primatte and Fusion 8 Ultra Keyer, motion tracking, 3D rendering and compositing, auxiliary channels, and particle systems and particle physics dynamics, among other topics.
- See the new media components (raster, vector, audio, video, rendering) needed for VFX
- Discover the concepts behind the VFX content production workflow
- Install and utilize Black Magic Design Fusion 8 and its Visual Programming Language
- Master the concepts behind resolution, aspect ratio, bit-rate, color depth, layers, alpha, and masking
- Work with 2D VFX concepts such as animated masking, matte pulling (Primatte V) and motion tracking
- Harness 3D VFX concepts such as 3D geometry, materials, lighting, animation and auxiliary channels
- Use advanced VFX concepts such as particle systems animation using real-world physics (forces)